Laminate Flooring, Do Not Make The Big Mistakes
Laminate flooring is fairly new to the market compared to the other types of flooring that have been around for decades. Most consumers are not familiar with this type of wood flooring. This is where it is easy to make big mistakes if your going to purchase this flooring for your home or business.
There are hundreds of brands being manufactured these days, from 6mm to 15mm thick. There are all types of finishes from high gloss (Piano finish) to distressed (Rustic) and everything in between. Manufacturers hold patents on the locking systems, some are easy and some are hard to work with. This can be very confusing to come to a decision when shopping for laminate flooring.
Hopefully I can help shed some light on these subjects that will help my readers find the best laminate to fit your needs.
I now offer on site laminate consultation
Here are some quick links below for different tasks that you may need to know about when installing your flooring.
Just click on the photos
Install Quarter Round
Cut Door Jambs
Laminate on Stairs
Install Your Laminate
At first this type of flooring was just a flat surface that fit tight together at the edges and had to be glued together. I have seen the changes over the years as an installer. Now you can purchase laminate that resembles hardwood flooring to such a degree that you just can't tell the difference.
This site can help you have beautiful new flooring in your home. This flooring can transform your home into what feels like a new home. I see this all the time in the work I do.
Here you can find information such as Complete Step by Step Instructions for the DIYers who want to save the expense of someone else installing their flooring, and many other topics that may help you to decide what you need.
If you are reading this, you have some interest in laminate flooring. Maybe you want to install your own floors or want someone else to install it for you. As an experienced installer I could tell you what I would recommend based on my own experience as an installer.
I want my readers to know that when I write about different brands of flooring they are my unbiased opiniuns.
The best way to make a good decision is to educate yourself, so you have a better understanding about this relatively new type of flooring.
The Two Biggest Mistakes I See a Lot Are:
1. Selecting the wrong flooring, quality can vary a lot between brands, the better quality isn't always more expensive.
2. Installing the floor improperly, knowing how and where to start, and how to end the floor. Installing transitions and quarter round, or baseboard. These are just a couple of things that you may have to address that should be done properly to have the best results.
I have designed this site to educate my readers about installing these beautiful floors in your homes. You can learn how to install these floors here, or if you are in my service area you can contact me to install it for you.
I have put together the information needed on do it yourself installation. It can be very helpful understanding the dos and don't s when laying your floor. I install this flooring for a living and I still cannot figure out how the manufacturers could put commercials on TV prompting people to install it themselves. It just isn't as easy as they make it sound all the time. ( you notice they don't do that now). Clicking two boards together is one thing, but understanding everything that can be involved in finishing the floor is quite another.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone that lays their own floor will do it wrong. I have seen DIY floors that have been done really nice, and I have also seen some nightmare DIY jobs. I guess what I'm saying is it can be pretty tricky to lay this flooring. ( prep, cutting door jambs, spacing, molds, finish work).
I feel for someone who wants to put their own floors down but just needs more information to continue and doesn't have much luck finding it.
Some things people don't realize is there can be a big difference from one manufacturer to another. There are different qualities as well as locking systems and pricing. As an installer of these floors I have installed many brands from the very bad to trouble free products. I will offer my own opinions of the pros and cons between different brands that I have installed.
There are several points I would like to cover when installing your own floors or having someone doing it for you:
- The ease of actually putting the boards together.(important for diy)
- How the edges look when they are together.(this can vary a lot)
- Preparation: removing the old flooring, cutting the door jambs, removing baseboard.
- How to trim out your new floor after installing it. The base board, quarter round and transitions are like a picture frame, it frames in your floor and makes it look like a good piece of art.
- Knowing what to expect when having someone install your flooring.
If you want an estimate, feel free to contact me if your in my area. My service area includes the greater Tampa Bay Area, Florida,33542 Also other areas in Hillsborough county FL , Pasco county FL , and Polk county FL.
Phone number 813-713-1535
- Laminate Flooring Reviews, Non biased reviews
- My laminate flooring reviews are all based on my own personal experiences as a laminate flooring installer.
- Bad Laminate Installation, Repair
- Here is an example of a bad laminate installation I had to repair
- Laminate on Stairs With Bad Installation
- Laminate on stairs with bad installation, this is not the way you want your stairs to look after laminate flooring is installed on your stairs. Poor cutting of the treads and risers are obvious.
- Laminate Flooring Consultation,Tampa Bay
- I offer laminate flooring consultation service at your home in the Tampa Bay area.
- Installing Laminate Flooring on Stairs, diy stairs
- Read the step by step process for installing laminate flooring on stairs or hardwood flooring . From the preparation to installing the last stair nose.
- Laminate Flooring Installation Do It Yourself
- The weekend warriors detailed instructions for laminate flooring installation
- Laminate Tile Flooring,Tampa Bay, FL
- Information about laminate tile flooring that looks like real ceramic tile or natural stone
- Installing Laminate Flooring in Hallways, Do It Yourself
- Installing laminate flooring in hallways can be a challenge, especially with a lot of doorways. I will explain how I do this as an installer.
- Installing Baseboard, Remove and Install
- Installing baseboard can be part of the process when installing new laminate flooring. Sometimes you may not want quarter round.
- Installing Laminate Transitions, Step by Step Instructions
- Step by step instructions for installing laminate transitions. Installation up to carpet, ceamic tile, and to laminate flooring
- Installing Quarter Round Moldings
- Installing quarter round moldings is the finishing touch after the laminate or hardwood flooring is installed. Doing this right can really set off your new flooring.
- Installing Laminate Flooring in Mobile Homes
- Installing laminate flooring in mobile homes is a little different then installing laminate in a site built home
- Undercutting Fireplaces For Laminate Flooring
- Undercutting fireplaces for laminate flooring can be a messy job,
- Installing Last Row Laminate Flooring
- Installing last row laminate flooring involves measuring as you cut to get the last width of laminate to fit right.
- Laminate Flooring in Kitchens, Do it Yourself installation
- Installing laminate flooring in kitchens can be more time cunsuming than installing laminate in just a square room.
- Install Laminate Flooring over Ceramic Tile
- Install laminate flooring over ceramic tile. This saves the expense and hassle of removing it
- How to Repair Laminate Flooring
- How to repair laminate flooring?, if your laminate floors get damaged how will you repair it ? From water damage or denting or any other type of damage.
- Vinyl Laminate Flooring, Floating Floor
- Vinyl laminate flooring is similar to laminate flooring. This product clicks together like regular laminate flooring.
- Repair Wet Laminate Flooring, Do It Yourself
- How to repair wet laminate flooring. If part of your laminate flooring gets flooded, here is what you will need to do to fix this.
- Vanier Laminate Photos, 12mm Thick Beautiful Piano Finish
- Vanier laminate photos of this beautiful 12mm piano finish.
- Photo Gallery Laminate Flooring Pictures
- Laminate flooring pictures of all kinds, jobs I completed. before and after photos
- laminate and stair installation project
- My latest laminate and stair installation project
- Latest Project ,Vanier Laminate, Tampa Bay
- My latest project, Vanier laminate installation, This 12mm piano finish laminate is beautiful and the price can't be beat
- Laminate Manufacturers Photos of All Kinds
- Laminate manufacturers photos of all kinds that I have installed, in various stages of installation
- Laminate Flooring Photos
- Laminate flooring photos I have taken when I installed the floors. Before and after photos, photos of stairs, photos of hallways and kitchens
- How to Install Your Own Laminate Flooring Blog
- Learning How to install your own laminate flooring, easy as they say it is?
- laminate flooring cost, labor cost
- Laminate flooring cost, what will my new laminate floor cost me? Labor cost for installation
- The Laminate Flooring Tools Needed for Installing This Flooring
- See what laminate flooring tools you will need to install this flooring yourself
- Floating Wood Flooring, Real Wood Easy to Install
- Floating wood flooring, you can have a real wood floor and install it like laminate flooring
- Natural Cork Flooring, DIY Floating Floors
- Natural cork flooring, installs like laminate flooring with the click lock system. Easy to install like laminate flooring. Adds warmth and natural beauty to your home
- About laminate flooring, get the facts
- About laminate flooring, the history and the present. How its made, the strength and ratings.
- Laminate Flooring Types,laminate flooring choices
- Laminate flooring types are increasing at a rapid pace
- Laminate Flooring Versus Hardwood Flooring - Your Needs Will Determine
- Laminate Flooring versus Hardwood Flooring, Find which will best meet your needs.
- Laminate Installer How do I Find a Good One,Tampa Bay,FL
- Searching for a good laminate installer,here are tips in finding a good.....
- Laminate installation, My service area for , Tampa Bay FL
- My service areas for laminate installation and hardwood flooring installation. Pasco FL, Polk Fl and Hillsborough Fl
- Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Do's and Don'ts
- Cleaning laminate flooring. What is the best way? And how do I avoid doing the wrong thing. Home remedies for cleaning your beautiful laminate floors
- Laminate Floor Manufacturers, Product Information
- Laminate floor manufacturers, Information about laminate flooring and who manufactures
- FAQ About Laminate Flooring, Tips and Advice
- FAQ about laminate flooring, folks ask a lot of different questions about installing and purchasing laminate flooring. I try to answer as many as possible
- About Me,Who Am I
- This is my story in short about me and my website.
- Contact Me,Tampa Bay , Florida
- Contact me to get your laminate flooring installed
- Installing New Baseboard, Do It Yourself
- Installing new baseboard is a matter of cutting the angles correct to fit the corners.